People with jeep wrangler generally ask how much does it cost to paint a jeep wrangler. Jeep wrangler looks pretty awesome in different shades. Another reason for the same question is painting a jeep helps a lot.
Through painting, you can prevent rust and corrosion on your jeep. Along with this, paint is also helpful for hiding up scratches and dumps.
There are many discussions out there saying that painting your jeep will be costly and not enhance its looking.
But to be very honest, the painting helps in giving more life to your jeep. Not only life, but it also enhances the looks and makes it brighter even if it is pretty old.
In this blog, we will try to explore various aspects of painting the jeep wrangler. Also, we will try to share some DIY’s which will help you in this regard.
- 1 Why Should I Paint a Jeep Wrangler?
- 2 Purpose of Painting
- 3 How Much Does It Cost To Paint a Jeep Wrangler?
- 4 DIY Process
- 5 01. Tools
- 6 02. Time
- 7 03. Cost
- 8 04. Steps By Step Process
- 9 Do’s and Don’ts
- 10 How Much Does It Cost To Repaint a Jeep Wrangler?
- 11 Hiring Professional Cost
- 12 01. Cheapest Way of Painting
- 13 02. Medium Choice _ Wrapping
- 14 03. Multiple Coating If You Want Long-Lasted Protection
- 15 Benefits of Painting Jeep Wrangler
- 16 Disadvantage of Painting
- 17 FAQ’s Of Jeep Wrangler Paint Job Estimate
- 18 How Many Times Do You Need To Paint in a Year?
- 19 How much does it cost to custom paint a Jeep Wrangler?
- 20 How much time does it last once painted with multiple coating?
- 21 How much does it cost to wrap a Jeep?
- 22 What is the most popular color for a Jeep Wrangler?
- 23 What is the real cost of painting the jeep wrangler?
- 24 Verdict
Why Should I Paint a Jeep Wrangler?
Along with giving an appealing look to the exterior of your jeep wrangler, painting is also important to increase the body’s life.
Most of the car bodies are made up of steel, which gets weaken in some time if not maintained properly. Hence, a paint-coated body makes your jeep wrangler look stylish and strong.
Purpose of Painting
Whenever you go for a drive on your jeep, it comes across with dust and dirt on the road, which you may notice or not.
The paint plays the role of a protective shield that safeguards it from getting damaged.
If you are using quality paint, then it will also protect your jeep from coming across rust and breaks. Painting your jeep wrangler adds value to it and increases its efficiency.
How Much Does It Cost To Paint a Jeep Wrangler?
It completely depends on the quality of color, the supplies, and the labor added to paint it. But if we consider decent paint on an average, it would cost you around $3k to 5k.
This is the standard price of painting a jeep across the globe. There are various options available like you can go for overspray or something if you are not willing to spend such a huge amount.
Painting of the jeep wrangler can be done by self also. Here is a DIY for that; all you need is some tools and patience.
You can easily order these tools from Amazon. Make sure you buy top quality products to give a fine look to your jeep.
- TCP Global Brand HVLP Spray Guns (kit of 3)
- Wagner Spraytech 0529010 FLEXiO 590 Handheld HVLP Paint Sprayer
- Color and paint ( Painting colors)
- Mopar (Painting Colors)
It will take around 10-12 hours for painting your jeep including the time of cleaning spray guns and filling colors.
The cost of spray guns may vary from $120 to $170 excluding the delivery charges. The colors will cost up to $60.
And the overall cost can go up to $3500 when you are using separate spray guns for primer, coating, and clear coating and top quality paint.
04. Steps By Step Process
The following are the steps that you must follow in order to give a perfect paint to your jeep.
- Fill the spray gun with primer.
- Apply the primer twice on your jeeps body and let it dry.
- After this, fill the spray gun with color.
- Apply 3 to 4 coating on color and again let it dry.
- Once you are done with color, apply 3 to 4 coating of color to give it a finishing touch.
- Let it dry. And you are done with the painting process.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Always cover the internal body parts of the jeep to avoid any damage and chemical reaction.
- Remove the seats or cover them with plastic sheets to keep them safe from paint.
- Let the first layer of coating dry so that other layers do not get mix with it.
How Much Does It Cost To Repaint a Jeep Wrangler?
If you are hiring a professional and getting it painted, then on average, it would charge you somewhere around $5k.
While getting it done by a professional, make sure that you ask for a paint warranty. If you feel that it is costly and can cross your budget, you can always discuss it initially.
Hiring Professional Cost
The price varies from region to region. The cost of the paint depends on which part of the globe you are living in.
The professionals give their time and also perfect paint. So they might charge you more. But if we consider an average, it will cost you $3000 to $4500, which can go up to $10000.
01. Cheapest Way of Painting
The cheapest way of painting the jeep is by doing it yourself. This will save the cost you are going to pay to the professional and maintain the quality also.
So, if you are planning to paint your jeep by yourself, you can save many bucks, and it cost you $600 to $1350.
02. Medium Choice _ Wrapping
Wrapping is a very reliable form of marketing. If you are advertising something through wrapping, imagine how many KMS you are driving your jeep wrangler and how many people must see those advertisements.
In most of the countries, wrapping has become a result-oriented tool for advertising and marketing.
It is also a model of professionalism. The same is also called on the contact information mode when you get your jeep wrangler wrapped up.
03. Multiple Coating If You Want Long-Lasted Protection
If you want to give a long lasted protection to your jeep wrangler, you can probably go for multiple coating.
When your jeeps coating gets a scratch or color fades out, instead of removing it, you can ask the professional to apply the new coating on the older one only.
This will increase the toughness of your jeep and protect it from sun exposure and rusting.
Benefits of Painting Jeep Wrangler
Below mentioned are some benefits of painting the jeep:
- Painting your jeep at the right intervals increases your jeep’s life.
- The jeep wrangler’s body is made up of steel, painting prevents rust and corrosion.
- Paint also protects jeep from all weather conditions.
- Painting makes your jeeps body smooth, so it makes it much easier for you to clean it.
- Painting your jeep is always a better option than waxing, as painting gives more durability than waxing.
Disadvantage of Painting
Below mentioned are some disadvantages of painting your jeep wrangler:
- Sometimes getting jeep painted is not very pocket friendly.
- If the paint is applied without taking proper precautions, it is very hard to remove it.
- Ceramic protection is a time taking process and may take up to 3 days.
FAQ’s Of Jeep Wrangler Paint Job Estimate
How Many Times Do You Need To Paint in a Year?
It depends upon how you use the jeep. Painting every year is not necessary as good paint can last for some years.
But if you are a rash driver and loves off-roading, then you might need paint once in a year. Another factor is how much damage or scratches your jeep is having when you drive.
Hence, your jeep may require painting when there are more scratches or damages.
How much does it cost to custom paint a Jeep Wrangler?
It depends on the type of material you choose and various other factors like spray painting or wrapping.
Other than this, quality and durability are other factors on which painting depends. But for an idea, it can cost you about $6000.
How much time does it last once painted with multiple coating?
The longevity of the paint depends on the quality and coating of the paint. If the jeep is kept clean and containment free, it can show unbelievable results. On average, the paint can last up to 10 to 15 years if kept properly.
How much does it cost to wrap a Jeep?
Jeep wrapping can be done with either vinyl or chrome. The vinyl will cost you around $1350 to $5000, whereas chrome wrapping will cost around you $6000 to $10000.
The vinyl wrapping lasts up to 5-6 years, whereas the chrome wrapping can last up to 10 years.
What is the most popular color for a Jeep Wrangler?
Some favorite colors are crush orange, black, white, hydro blue, gobi, Xtreme purple pearl, flame red, anvil, etc.
What is the real cost of painting the jeep wrangler?
It depends whether you are going for self-painting or getting it done from a professional. Professionals can take up to $10000, whereas self-painting can cost you up to $1350.
We have discussed various aspects of painting the jeep wrangler. It is good if you are going for jeep painting as this will increase its durability. The painting will also provide a protective layer to prevent rust.
The cost to paint a jeep wrangler varies on the factors you are getting it painted. Professionals using high-quality material will charge more, and low-quality material will cost low.
If you want to paint it yourself, then it can save a huge amount of yours. Hence, it depends on where you are getting it painted. Painting helps a lot, and one should not avoid painting their wranglers if required.