Are you looking for the best clutch for Jeep Wrangler? This article will help you find the best amongst all. Jeep Wranglers and Jeep Grand Cherokee are the top names amongst the big vehicles.
They need a superior clutch kit to operate seamlessly without any interruptions. The clutch kit should be changed periodically to keep the car’s performance intact without much distortion.
- 1 A Table of Top Clutches For Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Cherokee
- 2 What is the Best Clutch For Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Grand Cherokee?
- 3 Why LuK Clutches are Best For Jeep Wrangler & Cherokee?
- 4 How Much Does it cost to replace a clutch in a Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee?
- 5 Who makes the LuK clutch?
- 6 10 Best Clutch For Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Cherokee Reviews
- 7 01. LuK 05-065 Clutch Kit – Overall Best Jeep Clutch For The Quality & Budget
- 8 02. Centerforce KCFT379176 Clutch Kit – For 2012-2014 Truck, SUV & Jeep
- 9 03. LuK 05-901 Clutch Kit
- 10 04. Centerforce KDF379176 Dual Friction Clutch Pressure Plate and Disc – Suitable For 6 Cylinder Engine
- 11 05. Southeast Clutch Kit
- 12 06. 01-040 Clutch Set by LuK
- 13 07. 01-038 Clutch Kit by Southeast Clutch
- 14 08. Heavy Duty Clutch Kit & OEM Flywheel by EFORTISSIMO Racing
- 15 09. 01-047Clutch Kit by Southeast Clutch
- 16 10. EFT STAGE 2 CLUTCH KIT
- 17 Buying Guide of Best Clutch For Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 18 01. Purpose
- 19 02. Compatibility
- 20 03. Ease of Use
- 21 04. Maintenance
- 22 05. Installation
- 23 FAQ’s About Jeep Wrangler Clutch
- 24 What is the approximate cost of getting the clutch kits installed?
- 25 Why are clutch kits essential for SUV vehicles?
- 26 How to get maintenance in case of breakage?
- 27 Can aftermarket flywheel be used with any brand clutch kits?
- 28 Is a racetrack compatible clutch kit be used for daily driving?
- 29 How can one order top brand clutch kits for personal vehicles?
- 30 Conclusion
A Table of Top Clutches For Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Cherokee
What is the Best Clutch For Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Therefore, amongst all the top clutches, the LuK clutches are considered to be the best for heavy vehicles like Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee.
Why LuK Clutches are Best For Jeep Wrangler & Cherokee?
LuK clutches are known to be the best because they only put up for sale after a 100% functionality test.
All the performance specifications are determined and enhanced to give the vehicle and the user optimal performance experience.
LuK offers adequate clutch kits with high-end components for giving seamless output. They are light in weight and fit in well to the Jeep vehicles.
How Much Does it cost to replace a clutch in a Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee?
Replacing a clutch kit in the Jeep Wrangler or Grand Cherokee will cost you around $1305-$1430, excluding the labor costs. It is just an estimated price as the taxes are not inclusive to this predicted amount as well.
Who makes the LuK clutch?
LuK clutch, being the best amongst all, is made in Korea that proves its efficacy in serving the purpose.
We are getting to know about the top 10 best clutches for wrangler jeep, and find out which one is the best for you.
10 Best Clutch For Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Cherokee Reviews
01. LuK 05-065 Clutch Kit – Overall Best Jeep Clutch For The Quality & Budget
- Engineered components
- Meets the OEM performance specifications
- Tested with 100% functionality aspects
LuK 05-065 Clutch Kit is the highly preferred amongst all the other top brands.
The specifications of this kit meet with the OEM performance guidelines to ensure that it delivers optimal output to vehicles on implementations.
LuK kits are available for all vehicles, including Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee.
The engineering of the LuK Clutch Kits is done with the precise implementation of modern technology to handle the vehicle’s heavy load.
Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Grand Cherokee are large vehicles that are specifically for off-roading. Therefore, a usual clutch plate will get worn out too soon.
LuK 05-065 clutch kits offer high-end mechanical strength to the gearbox to help speed up the transmission and give seamless driving experience even in the off-roads.
- It comes with a pilot bearing as well as a throwout bearing for better performance
- Easy Installation with minimal mechanical knowledge
- It works perfectly with all models and variants of Jeep Wrangler
- The quality of the throwout bearing is plastic.
02. Centerforce KCFT379176 Clutch Kit – For 2012-2014 Truck, SUV & Jeep
- All essential parts and accessories are included in the package
- It comes with pilot bearings
- The flywheel is heavy that makes driving easy
The best thing about this Centerforce KCFT379176 is that it comes with additional parts and accessories that complement the high-end functionality of this clutch kit.
The materials included with this kit are disc, plate, alignment tool, flywheel, bolts, and pilot bearing.
As per the brand is considered, Centerforce is known for its excellent products that give a high-end performance.
It is also one of the top clutch kits that people like the most for the Jeep Wrangles or Grand Cherokee.
The Centerforce KCFT379176 operates on the two-bolt pattern Clutch kit that makes it more feasible for delivering optimal performance.
The use of this kit will enhance the gear transmission efficiency and will reduce the pedal effort for the user on their Jeep Wrangler or other such heavy vehicles.
The pressure plate is also tested with substantial standards to make sure that it is optimal for the select vehicles, especially Jeep Wrangler.
This clutch kit makes your car ready for off-roading adventure without the worry of any kind of breakdown.
- Secure transmission in off-roads and also street traffic
- Quality Hardware
- Super smooth gear shifting for the better driving experience
- Poor weight balance in low RPMs
03. LuK 05-901 Clutch Kit
- OEM specified performance
- They are 100% original equipment for heavy-duty vehicles
- Flawless operational functionality
Most of the LuK products are on the top list for being the most efficient clutch kits.
The 05-901 is another successful product so far for the heavy Wrangler kind of vehicles.
Every component of this clutch kit meets the high-end requirements of the car owners.
They want a better performance than the stock clutches, and LuK is an expert to handle this requirement.
- It works fine with Wrangler, Cherokee, and Dakota
- It has a lightweight flywheel
- Throw out bearing has a slightly poor performance
04. Centerforce KDF379176 Dual Friction Clutch Pressure Plate and Disc – Suitable For 6 Cylinder Engine
- Works perfectly in all models and variants of Jeep Wrangler
- It comes with heat shrink wrap packaging for better protection
- It comes with multiple alignment tools for easy Installation
This kit is a replacement for 2012-2014 Jeep 3.6L 220-Inch 6 cylinder engines, coming to the list of automotive clutches, KDF379176holds nine patents to its name for being the best performance clutch kits.
They are available for all types of heavy-duty vehicles, including Jeep Wranglers. They give smooth shifting even in the steep or off-road areas.
It is one of the best products of the range that is an adequate package for Jeep Wrangler and other such vehicles. It also comes with an efficient quality flywheel to support the seamless functionality of it.
The processes embedded in this clutch kit are dual friction discs, weight system, ball bearing pressure plates, and other essential methods.
The main objective of this clutch kit is to help the vehicle perform well even in the massive terrains and prove them friction control for a better grip.
The engineering of this vehicle is far beyond excellence due to its use of modern embedded technologies to enhance its mechanical output.
This product can help the car get the right clamp load for optimal performance.
- It is best to take your Wrangler for an off-roading experience
- Smooth gear shifting and easy clutch paddles.
- Older variant Jeep Wranglers can also suit with this clutch kit
- The clutch drags at high RPM
05. Southeast Clutch Kit
- OEM Equipment
- High Torque Ratings
- Durability due to Japanese technology implementation
It works with jeep models 1992-2006 4.0L L6 3.9L V6, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler.
The clutch kit by Southeast Clutch brand is one of the top clutch kits that is made in Japan with the endorsement of high-end technologies.
The Japanese manufacture to make sure that these clutch kits become compatible with the heavy vehicles such as Jeep Wranglers and Jeep Grand Cherokee.
High-Quality Materials and modern technologies make it one of the best deals.
- It is a perfect fit for all variants and models of vehicles
- Pedal feel is super soft with this clutch kit
- It is worth the price
- The pilot bearing is missing
06. 01-040 Clutch Set by LuK
- Functionally tested for all operations
- OEM specified performance
- It is available for almost all vehicles
LuK is one of the best brands that offer quality clutch kits compatible with almost all heavy-duty vehicles.
People mostly prefer the 01-040 variant of it for the heavy Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Grand Cherokee, or other such vehicles.
These kits perform better than the stock ones and help the car run smoothly with a better transmission on high terrains.
- It is a high-quality clutch
- It is a perfect fit for all variants and models of the Jeep Wrangler
- It does not fit in the centered position
07. 01-038 Clutch Kit by Southeast Clutch
- High-Performance aesthetics
- Efficient fitting and compatibility
- The longevity of performance
This kit is compatible with Wrangler Liberty Rubicon Se Sport and Sahara Unlimited Limited 2000-2006 models. It is another successful product the company made for heavy vehicles.
If you own an older version of Jeep automobiles, then also these clutch kits can be embedded onto your vehicle without the chance of any breakdown.
Southeast Clutch offers smooth transmission and simple paddle press.
- It is comparatively cheap than other products
- It can work smoothly for many thousand miles
- Smoother gear transmission
- It is slightly complex to get it installed
08. Heavy Duty Clutch Kit & OEM Flywheel by EFORTISSIMO Racing
- Unique performance characteristics
- Fits all models and variants
- It works fine for more than 120000 miles
Whether it be Jeep Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, or Dakota, EFT has a powerful solution for all models and variants of these vehicles.
Every vehicle comes with unique requirements and performance demands.
EFT Stage 1 is well optimized to make the car ready for delivering optimal performance right after the stock clutch kit replacement.
- Lesser maintenance requirements
- The materials used are industry-specific
- It has a lightweight flywheel
- The price is slightly higher, but it has quite a lot of features in it
09. 01-047Clutch Kit by Southeast Clutch
- Simple Installation with little automotive knowledge
- Clutch kit feasible for all types of vehicles
- It works seamlessly for over 120000 miles
It works perfectly with 2012-2016 Jeep Wrangler 3.6L-V6 models. Southeast Clutch also makes it up to the list as they are a renowned brand that is known and appraised for selling original equipment only.
It is available for almost all vehicles along with the heavy-duty ones such as Dakota, Grand Cherokee & Wrangler.
Another best clutch for Jeep Wrangler that you must have a look if you are seeking a replacement of your stock clutch kit.
- Less need for maintenance
- It has an excellent fit for all models and variants
- Brand packaging is reduced, leaving parts to get damaged during transit
10. EFT STAGE 2 CLUTCH KIT
- The clutch kit won’t malfunction until 120000 miles and can go even farther
- Modern technology implementation with high-end engineering
- Fit for all models and variants of heavy-duty vehicles such as Jeep Wrangler
Every vehicle, especially Jeep Wrangler and similar kind, has different performance requirements.
To meet the unique demands of the cars, the EFT STAGE 2 CLUTCH KIT is one of the ideal choices for most of the heavy-duty vehicles, including Jeep Grand Cherokee and Wrangler.
EFT brand makes use of modern technologies to ensure that the clutch kit is 100%.
It comes with several included parts that might assist in even better performance.
Jeep Wranglers are for long tours, off-roading adventure, hill station rides, and others.
Therefore, they need a smoother transmission than stock products.
The EFT STAGE 2 CLUTCH KIT is an adequate kit that you can use for replacing your stock clutch kit fitted onto the vehicle.
There are many different options for you to choose from.
But if you are looking for quality at a reasonable price, then this is the best clutch for Jeep Wrangler.
Another best thing about it is that these kits can be fitted onto all models of Jeep Wranglers and other such heavy vehicles.
They are easily compatible with all year variants to give out effective performance.
- Price is quite reasonable as compared to other brand products
- Easy Installation with minimum automotive knowledge
- It comes with HD flywheel
- Slight noise experience from the throwout bearing
Buying Guide of Best Clutch For Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Grand Cherokee
While choosing the right kind of clutch kit for your Jeep Wrangler, you need to consider a lot of things that will affect your vehicle performance.
It does not matter if you own a new or old Jeep Wrangler. Grand Cherokee, Dakota, and other such vehicles, if you want to have a clutch replacement for more streamlined performance, then you get it all with the best equipment by the top brands.
You need to be sure about looking after all the considering factors before you finalize on any of the particular brands of clutch kits.
Choose amongst the personal or commercial clutch kits as that matters a lot.
You can implement the use of original clutch kits either for personal vehicles, commercial vehicles, street drag vehicles, or for the race track vehicles.
It depends upon the intensity and the efficiency of the clutch kit that you fit into your Wrangler or other such vehicles.
You need to check the specifications of every clutch kit that you shortlist for your car to see whether it meets your requirement and way OD use or not.
Some of the cars also make use of the combination of the above mentioned four ways. It gives optimal performance and is also successful in some of the vehicles. Checking the compatibility is quite an essential factor to consider.
Here are the common factors you shouldn’t overlook when finding one:
– Firstly, consider the type of clutch you want, whether long style, diaphragm style, or others.
– The long-form is usually a three-finger clutch that must serve the purpose of your vehicle.
– Take help from an expert to know which type of clutch kit will be an adequate replacement.
– Consider the pricing of the clutch kits, which should be within budget but must possess all features and performance specifications.
03. Ease of Use
If you are looking for the clutch kit replacement for personal vehicles or use, you might not require a high functioning race track kind of kit.
But Instead, you might need the one that is easy to go along with your vehicle.
You can always go with the low cost, high functionality clutch that goes compatible with your Jeep Wrangler or other such vehicles.
Even though the driver uses the car daily, maintaining the clutch kits will be easy to use. Therefore, deciding how to use the clutch kit and the vehicle is crucial for the cars.
Choose the clutch kits with OEM specified performance that are adequate for the personal vehicles as they are also cheaper for self-use.
You do not need to spend a hefty amount to get high-end clutch kits for your cars, putting much strain on your pocket.
Considering the testing of these products, they undergo 1 million cycles to determine its durability.
For your instance, one million cycles would be equivalent to around 100,000 miles.
It means that taking up OEM specified clutch kits meant for personal vehicles can last for more than 100,000 miles without much need of maintenance.
Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee are personal use vehicles, and all the list mentioned above of 10 clutch kits are ideally compatible with these two vehicles.
It helps smoothen the gear transmission, and paddle effort to give comfort to the driver to take the heavy-duty SUV vehicle to tough terrains without any hassle.
The maintenance efforts gradually decrease when you choose the right type of clutch kit for your Jeep Wrangler.
You need to select a different set of clutch kits for commercial vehicles as they have a massive engine and more workloads.
The pickup trucks and the transportation trucks are meant to carry heavy loads for which they need a large set of clutch kits for smoother transmission and soft-pedal experience.
Not all the clutch kits are adequate for fitting it onto the commercial vehicles.
Therefore, you need to check the OEM specifications to find out whether the package is feasible or not for heavy or commercial vehicles.
Heavy workloads on vehicles usually wear out the stock kits that would hamper the engine as well.
Therefore, you need to check the specifications with top considerations to meet the requirement of your vehicle to work with heavy loads on tough terrains without any hassles.
The maintenance efforts are considerably less with the use of top-notch clutch kits due to their fabricated parts and long-lasting coatings.
The Installation of the new clutch kits is quite easy to commence. You just need to have a slight technical knowledge about the same.
You can follow the instructions stated in the manual provided with the respective clutch kits to know how to start with the process.
In case you find any trouble or have doubts about your replacement skills, you can always hire an expert who can handle the clutch kit replacement of the Jeep Wrangler or Grand Cherokee kind of vehicles.
FAQ’s About Jeep Wrangler Clutch
What is the approximate cost of getting the clutch kits installed?
The cost for the clutch replacement installation will range around $500 to $700 as the labor charges.
The total replacement cost will inch to over $600 to $1000. If you go for a high-end clutch kit then the pricing might go even above that.
It solely depends upon your choice of the kit and the desire to make your vehicle rule the roads.
Why are clutch kits essential for SUV vehicles?
The clutch kits are essential for the SUV vehicles because the stock ones are not that powerful enough to support the vehicle engine in harsh terrains.
Therefore, the replacement kits are specifically to give more power to the engine with smooth transmissions to ensure there are no hiccups while dragging the vehicle.
Moreover, the clutch kits bring in balance in the vehicle power to refine the engine’s performance.
You can also talk to your car brand to know the efficiency of the clutch kits on tough SUV vehicles.
Even though the stock clutch kits are robust and are strong to some extent, they still fail in multiple aspects.
Therefore, relying on top brand products is an efficient way to acquire optimal performance for your SUV vehicles.
How to get maintenance in case of breakage?
The clutch kits available from the top brands usually do not require much maintenance and lasts for more than 100000 miles.
Though if there is any case of a breakdown in the vehicle due to clutch kits, then the brands will take the responsibility to get it either repaired or replaced.
There is very little chance of the need for any kind of replacement in the top-notch products.
For most of the scenarios, the clutch kits are repairable to give back the same performance aspects without any deterioration.
Can aftermarket flywheel be used with any brand clutch kits?
Most of the top brands offer flywheel and other such accessories along with the kits.
But if you don’t get one in the cheaper clutch kit version, you can always get an aftermarket flywheel that is compatible with your clutch kit.
Do not hurry in choosing the wheel as a high-end clutch kit will not sustain operation on the low-end flywheel and vice versa.
Therefore, you need to put some considerations while you are choosing an aftermarket flywheel.
Check for the specifications of the wheel while you make the purchase.
It must be the same as that of mentioned in the clutch kit tech labeling. Inferior flywheel, as compared to the kit, might increase the chances of experiencing wear and tear.
The brands that do not offer wheel along with the packages put it up for sale separately as a marketing strategy. Therefore, you can get the compatible one by searching through the sites.
Is a racetrack compatible clutch kit be used for daily driving?
The answer might be partial, yes, but as per the experts, this is not recommended for trials.
The vehicles such as Jeep Wranglers and Grand Cherokee are for racing on the streets or the tracks. Therefore, the implementation of the race clutch kits on them is not feasible.
The race kits are usually very aggressive and give a harsh engagement to the engine. They do need rapid maintenance due to their race track running.
Using a race clutch on the daily driving vehicles might cause unwanted noise that is not soothing for the ears.
The experts recommend the race clutch kits to be used only in the street or track racing vehicles to help them serve the actual purpose.
There are a different set of clutch kits for daily driving in the Sub-Urban cars, mainly for the use.
With subtle engagement, the usual clutch kits will give an optimal performance without dragging the engine to go beyond its destined limits.
How can one order top brand clutch kits for personal vehicles?
If you intend to buy a new clutch kit for your Jeep Wrangler or another personal vehicle, you need to turn on the internet to get some in-depth details and also purchase online, if you wish to.
Firstly, you need to check out some of the e-commerce sites that provide these products, such as Amazon and others.
Check the list of the top 10 clutch kits as mentioned above in this article and search for the same. These items are shortlisted after comparing the best items available in the market.
Now, you have a clear idea about the top 10 best clutch for Jeep Wrangler that is feasible to give the optimal performance to the vehicle.
If you have an older model, you can also use these kits to revive the lost power of your Jeep to give it long-lasting performance.