It is important to focus on buying only the best brake pads for Honda Accord. Brake pads are rectangular-shaped steel plates. Normally, they have a ceramic, metallic, or organic coating material for preventing friction.
In addition, brake pads attach to the brake caliper, a clamp mechanism that exerts pressure on the brake rotors to decelerate the vehicle.
For your Honda auto to have a robust braking system, its brake pads, brake caliper, and brake rotors should work properly. If one or more of the parts have a problem, you will notice it when you step on your auto’s brake pedal.
Additionally, don’t slam on your brakes to avoid damaging the brake pads quickly. On average, if you take good care of the pads, they will last 50,000 miles.
While preserving the brake pads is essential, they will eventually finish their lifecycle.
To assist you to select the most appropriate brake pads for your Honda car, we will review 10 different products. Read on to discover each product’s description, features, specifications, pros, and cons.
Furthermore, we have also shared a buying guide that will further guide your purchase decision.
|01. Power Stop K1047|
|02. Bosch BP537|
|03. Akebono ACT537|
|04. Power Stop K2742|
|05. Honda Accord R1|
|06. Bosch BC943|
|07. Max KT004841-22|
|08. Power Sport|
|9. R1 Concepts ELine|
|10. Max KT004881|
Check This Out: 10 Best Tonneau Cover for Honda Ridgeline.
The 10 Best Brake Pads for Honda Accord Reviews
1. Power Stop K1047, Z23 Evolution Sport Carbon Fiber Front and Rear Brake pads plus Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors Kit
- Carbon-fiber ceramic brake pads
- Zinc-plated, drilled, and slotted brake rotors
- Stainless steel hardware
- High-temperature ceramic brake lubricant
- Certified low dust braking
- Can fit Honda Accord 2007/2003
- Rubberized double-layer shims
- Front and rear brake pads and rotors kit.
- Brand: Power Stop
- Model: K1047
- Weight:49 pounds
- Dimensions:14 by 14 by 10”
The best way to increase the braking power of your Honda Accord is to upgrade it with the Power Stop K1047, Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Upgrade Kit. It entails all components of a perfect stock brake system.
In addition, you will find drilled and slotted rotors, Z23 Evolution Sport carbon-fiber ceramic brake pads, high-performance ceramic brakes lubricant, and high-quality stainless steel hardware.
Furthermore, brake pads are coated with ceramic and strengthened with carbon fibers, meaning that they are durable and reliable.
Besides, they can naturally offer more braking power without producing noise or attracting dust. Brake pads and rotors work as a team and together they make braking safe and convenient.
Moreover, the Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Upgrade Kit makes the best brake pads because it comes with brake rotors.
This means having new brake pads and brake rotors system without overspending. The rotors are faultless and easy to install because you don’t have to modify anything.
In addition, they are robust as they are made of premium G3000 metallurgy that boasts firm OE tolerances.
As well, they are drilled to ensure maximum cooling and lower brake temperatures when driving under extreme weather conditions.
Featuring silver-zinc dichromate plating, these brake rotors can’t corrode or become dirty. Thus, properly matched brake pads and rotors are all you need to improve the brakes of a daily-use car.
- These are the best, dust-free brake pads
- They will not produce that annoying screech when you press the brake pedal
- Power Stop Carbon-fiber ceramic brake pads offer more braking power
- The brake rotors are a bolt-on type that you can fix with modification
- The drilled holes are for lowering the brake temperatures
- Circular slots are for wiping away debris or gas for safe and flawless braking
- The pads cannot corrode or rust.
- The Power Stop Evolution brake pads do not suit every Honda Accord model
- Unless you install the whole kit professionally, some noise can occur.
2. Bosch BP537 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set
- Non-asbestos organic, ceramic, and semi-metallic materials
- Molded shim technology
- In addition, the kit has synthetic lubricant
- OE-styled rotor slots and chamfers
- Multi-layer shim construction
- Copper-free technology
- Noise-free operation.
- Brand – Bosch
- Model – BP537
- Weight – 1.5 pounds
- Dimensions – 4.8 x 4x 3.5”
Bosch released its first brake system design in 1936, which included Antilock Braking technology. Then, it created the Electronic Stability Control systems.
Now, the company owns competitive braking systems, including Bosch QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pads. Additionally, different vehicle models can use these brake pads.
Hence, the QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pads are some of the best options for your Honda Accord.
- OE shim design, making these brake pads reliable
- Rubber bonding between steel layers cancels all noise
- Rubber bond increases strength and prevents rust
- Long-lasting multi-layer shim technology ensures that the shim stays intact
- Quiet operation, strong braking power, and durable brake pads.
- Based on when your Honda Accord was made, these brake pads might squeak
- They have great construction, but might not last many years.
3. Akebono ACT537 ProAct Ultra-Premium Ceramic brake pads
- Akebono ACT537 runs quietly
- These brake pads are long-lasting
- Keeps away dust
- These pads stop the car smoothly
- Can meet OEM quality
- Different car models and makes compatible.
- Brand: Akebono
- Model: ACT537
- Weight:1.95 pounds
- Dimensions: 6.5 X 3.7X 3.2″
The Akebono Pro-Act Ultra-Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pads will give you OEM performance. If you want to buy the best brake pads, you should consider these.
Akebono’s vehicle-optimized friction formulations get rid of noise, harshness, and vibration. Also, they are the best if you want brakes that don’t trap dust.
If you want brand new OE ceramic brake pad performance, these are a nice replacement.
Moreover, you can count on these to slow down or halt your vehicle when you step on the brake pedal. Hence, Akebono Pro-Act Ultra-Premium Disc ceramic pads are your best aftermarket alternatives.
Additionally, they have top-quality construction with application-specific friction formulations and OE design and quality.
Furthermore, these long-lasting brake pads can resist fading and dust. Car wheels and tires stay dust-free and clean for aluminum open-wheel styles. As a result, the brake rotors can last longer.
Consequently, you can avoid regular replacements and waste of money.
- As well as quiet operation, it offers ceramic formulations and smooth braking
- Additionally, these brake pads can last longer in typical driving conditions
- Also, low-dusting brake pads, suit modern open-wheel designs
- Ideal for a variety of vehicle platforms and models years.
- These pads can be small for your car
- They may not work like original brake pads.
4. Power Stop K2742 Front and Rear Z23 Carbon Fiber Brake Pads Plus Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors Kit
- Power Stop engineered carbon-fiber ceramic compound pads
- Stainless steel installation hardware
- High-temperature ceramic brake lubricant,
- Drilled and slotted brake rotors,
- Brake pads offer low dust braking
- Zinc-plated brake rotors
- Bolt-on, no modification rotors
- Fit for Honda Accord 2010-2008 and Acura TSX 2010-2009.
- Brand: Power Stop
- Model: K2742
- Weight:5 pounds
- Dimension: 14 x 14 x 10 inches
The Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Pad kit includes everything. Firstly, it has high-performing lubricant and drilled and slotted rotors.
In addition, it includes Evolution Sport carbon-fiber ceramic pads and quality stainless steel hardware. Drilled rotor holes are for reducing brake temperatures when you are driving in extreme weather conditions.
On the other hand, the circular slots are for cleaning dust or gas. This leaves the rotor surface clear, which causes smooth and safe braking.
These G3000 metallurgy rotors feature OE quality and are easy to bolt on without altering anything.
The brake pads and rotors are accurately matched to enhance your braking system. If you buy rotors and pads at once, you can reduce your expenditures.
As a result of the Carbon fiber ceramic formulas, you can enjoy increased braking power without changing how you drive your auto. This noiseless brake pad/rotor set avoids squeaky braking and can increase everyone’s safety.
- This product has dust-free formulations
- Boasts noiseless operation
- Can offer High braking power
- Drilled rotors keep the brakes cool and are easy to bolt-on
- Slotted rotors help to keep away dirt particles or gas and this promotes braking.
- Not every year Honda Accord can use this Auto
- Some prior customers received the wrong parts.
5. Honda Accord R1 Concepts eLine Front Rear Drill/Slot Brake Rotors Kit and Ceramic Brake Pads
- Accurately drilled holes
- Diamond slotted
- Entails 4 brake rotors, 8 ceramic brake pads, and hardware.
- Ideal for models that use 292mm front rotors.
- Brand: R1Concepts
- Model: 40117.02
- Weight: 55 pounds
- Dimension: 12 x 12 x 13”
R1 Concepts eLine Series entails 8 ceramic brake pads, 4 quality brake rotors, RI Concepts Gloves, and 2 hardware kits.
If you want the best products, this product is an excellent pick. Besides intense stopping power, the R1 Concepts eLine series front and rear rotors kit and ceramic brake pads feature modern craftsmanship.
The product is durable and can guarantee safety on the road even if you cover thousands of miles in the future. Likewise, the rotors can fit directly. Thus, you don’t need to alter any part of your braking system or the rotor itself.
As the rotors have drilled holes, they can dissipate heat away from the rotor surface by 105 degrees F. Additionally, chamfering reduces the odds that the rotors would crack.
If you drive your Honda Accord mainly in the city, these rotors will be the best choice. Moreover, rotors have Diamond Slot Technology that gets rid of the debris as well as stops pad glazing, increasing the life of the whole item. Diamond edges have indicators that show when you need to replace your rotor.
Overall, slotted and drilled rotors increase braking power. This ensures better car performance and durability. The eLine Series Brake Rotors consist of zinc plating that prevents corrosion.
Thus, they can last longer. Finally, these pads and rotors can perform just like the original factory sets or even better and there is no risk in buying them.
- Quick and easy installation
- Cannot corrode because of zinc coating
- Even if you drive thousands of miles, these rotors and brake pads are durable
- They can fit well
- They are inexpensive.
- If your Honda Accord’s front rotors are larger than 292mm, it cannot use these brake pads and rotors.
- After stopping, one can hear a low pitch rubbing sound.
6. Bosch BC943 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set
- Platform-specific materials
- Silent brake pads with rubber core multilayer shim
- Transfer layer for extending the life
- Chamfers and slots
- Copper-free formulation,
- 2025 Copper Free Legislation.
- Premium quality aerospace alloy with copper-free ceramic and semi-metallic friction formulation.
- Hardware kit.
- Brand: Bosch
- Model: BC943
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Dimensions:5 X 5.4 X 3.3”
Choose Bosch BC943 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad. To strengthen your trust level, you should know that Bosch has been around since 1936.
Hence, it is one of the most reputable makers of brake pads, rotors, and other auto parts. Concerning this particular item, you can expect it to match a variety of vehicle models and makes.
For this reason, you can buy it for your Honda Accord. Besides, it can fit your SUV, light truck, domestic auto, Asian auto, or European auto. This is one of the most versatile brake pads and rotor sets from Bosch.
If you are eyeing the best aftermarket brake pads, this is still the best. In addition to having a good price, the product boasts quality formulations that set apart Bosch.
For instance, the product’s formulations meet the Copper-Free Legislation for 2025. Furthermore, this set of rotors and pads perfectly match each other.
Further, they can’t vibrate or screech when you step on the brake pedal. Concerning durability, the top-quality QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set comes with a high-performing lubricant.
This is to ensure that you never fail to achieve your goals because of faulty or dangerous car brakes. This set can suit a variety of Honda Accord vehicles.
These are 2010 -2003 Honda Accords. Those who own 2008-2003 Honda Pilots will find the product very useful too. Likewise, due to modern rubber core multi-layer shims technology, Quiet pads and rotors produce the least noise.
Moreover, the whole product meets the OE production standards. Thus, your brake pedal will feel the same way it did when you bought your auto.
- You will receive a kit with all you require to revamp your brake system
- This Bosch brake rotor/pad set provides admirable stopping power
- Copper-free legislation compliant
- Offers no vibrations or noises when operating.
- It won’t fit all Honda Accord models
- Brakes can fit properly but clips will not.
7. Max Brakes Premium Ceramic KT004841-22 OE Rotors and Carbon Ceramic Pads
- G3000 Grade iron rotors in grey color
- The product meets or scores beyond OEM quality
- Extended brake life
- 100% Fitment Guarantee
- Anti-noise shim ensures a quiet braking experience.
- Brand: Max Advanced Brakes
- Model: KT004841
- Weight: 30.7 pounds
- Dimensions: 18 x 14 x 7”
The Max Brakes Premium Brake Kit must be one of the top brake pads you can find. First, it has that chamfered, slotted, and shimmed craftsmanship.
This is a sign that the item offers optimum brake performance. Furthermore, Max Brakes Premium brake pads can provide similar performance to the original parts or surpass it.
To you, it means that you can enjoy better brakes than your car had originally. These brake pads cannot vibrate or make noise when functioning because of the anti-noise shim technology.
What is more, the organic ceramic formula ensures approximately 35 percent braking power as well as similar performance.
These brake pads can give your brake system more life because they can resist fading. Besides, when it comes to installation, the task is easy and quick.
Also, when you do the job well, you can keep on driving without causing an accident. As they are copper-free, these brake pads require low dusting. Hence, they are a low-maintenance product.
- As well as high, the product allows safe braking
- Furthermore, it performs similar to original parts or surpasses their quality
- In addition, these brake pads boast robust construction
- On top, they are inexpensive and durable auto parts.
- There is no hardware in the product kit
- If the parts don’t fit well, you cannot return them easily.
8. Power Sport Full Kit Brake Rotor kit plus Ceramic Brake Pads
- 8 ceramic brake pads in the kit
- 4 silver zinc -plated rotors in the kit
- Rotor/pad combination product meets OEM quality
- Easy to install, no modification
- Noiseless brake rotor and pad
- Perfect for 2003/2005 Honda Accord car models.
- Brand: Power Sport
- Model: 40091.02
- Weight: 48 pounds
- Dimensions: 12 X 12 x 13”
Power Sport has high-quality brake pads and rotors. In addition, the Power Sport Full Kit Brake Rotor kit is just one of the best examples.
It could be the product you are searching for if you own a 2003 – 2005 Honda Accord model. What is more, the item consists of a ceramic formulation.
This helps with friction reduction and increases durability. Additionally, the rotors have drilled holes and slots that suit OEM specifications. The holes are accurate. Therefore, they allow proper cooling to stop extreme heat effects.
On the other hand, the rounded slots on the rotor surface reduce dust particles and gas debris. More to the point, this rotor and pad product is easy to install and the fit is good.
However, you should know what you are doing to avoid doing a bad installation job. Furthermore, if something goes wrong, Power Sport may not help you return the product.
Additionally, the rotor and the pad have improved bite, which can help reduce the distance for braking.
- Offers quick braking capability
- Drilled holes promote cooling to stop the rotor from warping
- Slots are for keeping the rotor surface clean and promoting braking.
- It comes without hardware
- There are complaints about customer service being non-responsive.
9. The R1 Concepts eLine Front Rear Drill/Slot Brake Rotors Kit Plus Ceramic Brake Pads
- Comes with 8 ceramic brake pads
- Provides 4 silver zinc plated rotors
- Entails drilled rotors for enhanced cooling
- Has Double Disc grind rotors
- Ideal for Honda 2013-2017 models
- The product’s craftsmanship fits OE specifications
- Brand: R1 Concepts
- Model: 40082.02
- Weight: 52 pounds
- Dimensions: 12X 12X 13”
The R1 Concepts eLine Front Rear Drill/Slot Brake Rotors Kit plus Ceramic Brake Pads are just the best combinations. If you want to replace your car brake parts, then choose it.
The four rotors include first the cross-drilled and slotted rotors. The cross-drilled rotors are for heat reduction. Therefore, they dissipate heat that builds on the rotor surface by 105 degrees F.
As they have chamfers, these rotors can also minimize cracking and this can save you money. In addition, the diamond slotted rotors can remove debris and stop brake pad glazing.
Hence, diamond slot technology rotors can extend the life of the whole set. They have indicators on tips that can reveal when the rotor requires replacement. Likewise, they are ideal for daily driving on the streets of your city.
Also, you can enjoy towing, tracking, racing, and off-road driving. This product combines drilled and slotted rotors. As a result, it has more benefits including durability, better performance, and higher stopping power.
- These direct fit products you can install without wasting time
- What is more, the construction material is G3000 grade iron
- In addition, it features a diamond slot pattern that increases bite
- Finally, it possesses zinc plating that stops corrosion.
- For a model with larger than 292mm front rotors, the kit doesn’t work
- Depending on the model year, they might deteriorate fast.
10. [Front] Max Brakes Rotors with Carbon Ceramic Pads KT004881
- Four rotors are included in the kit
- Eight brake pads are in the kit
- Made with the finest G3000 grade iron in grey
- Satisfies OE specifications or exceeds them
- Anti-Rust coating helps resist rust and corrosion
- Organic ceramic formula
- Anti-noise shim for noiseless braking.
- Brand: Max Advanced Brakes
- Model: 30.7 pounds
- Weight: 18 x 14 x 7 inches
- Dimensions: KT004881
If you want the best, make sure you check the Max Brakes Premium Brake kit. These reverse-engineered parts will perform the same way or better than the original ones for your car.
More to the point, the copper-free ceramic formulation is an advantage because it prevents debris and gas.
The rotors are of high quality because of the G3000 grade iron casting. These will last long because iron is strong and wear-resistant.
No one wants noisy brakes, making these the best options because they have Anti-noise shim technology. Furthermore, the extended brake life span is an advantage because you will not have to spend money again soon.
As for Max Carbon Ceramic Formula, it will keep the noise low and reduce brake and road dust. As regards smooth braking, the Max Power feature provides 35 percent extra stopping power.
- Extra stopping power
- Extended brake life ensures increased durability
- All parts are reverse-Engineered and therefore fits and function well
- These parts are inexpensive.
- This item lacks hardware
- If you order the wrong product, it will be difficult to return it.
Selecting the right brake pads is important, as your safety will be at stake. Once you know what to look for, the decision could become easier.
Besides, it can make you feel confident behind the wheel. Firstly, follow the details below.
Year of manufacture
The first thing is to check that the pads are right for the year of vehicle manufacture. Although there is not much difference when you look at the pads, there can be subtle differences when fitting them.
If purchasing from a shop you can probably return them but online may be different. Therefore, check the year carefully before ordering online.
If you select a well-known brake pads brand, there should not be any problems. Big brands get to be big by producing good quality products.
Accordingly, when it comes to safety, you should not skimp or cut corners. You should not worry about them costing a little more.
As well as quality, you should consider ease of fitting. For a trained mechanic, it will not be a problem. On the other hand, when you fit it at home, you should ensure the job is easy.
Some brake pads will have clear installation instructions and that will be beneficial. If you think you may struggle, do not try this. You could do worse than ask for help when using the best brake pads for Honda Accord.
This is likely to be given in miles but could be time. Always check that you have time to return or ask for a replacement if something is amiss. And, if there is no guarantee or warranty, it may be best to look elsewhere.
How to know you need to replace your brake pads
The following are signs that your brake pads are faulty and need a replacement.
If you step on those brakes and hear a clicking noise, that’s a bad sign. It is a sign that the tiny metal ship that encloses the brake pads is faulty and is making noise.
Without a doubt, any vibrations you wear when applying brakes point to a problem with your pads. Moreover, it is a warning that you need to replace your brake pads now.
If you check your pads and note that they have become thinner, replace them. What is more, if you note that also the brakes are noisy, you should not waste time. Change them fast.
If the grinding noise seems to worsen when you step on the brake pedal, act fast. In addition, check if other parts surrounding the pads are faulty.
Alter what’s faulty. Grinding sounds may indicate friction between the brake caliper mechanism and the brake disc.
These are loud and high-pitched noises. Hence, you cannot miss a screeching sound and it is a bad sign. As well as other aforementioned issues, this problem needs an immediate solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do we need brake pads?
They are vital when it comes to stopping the car. As a result, you should always check yours to know when they wear down. Then, change them the soonest as possible to keep your braking system safer.
Can one fit pads for the front or back wheels?
It is not possible to fit a pair of pads for either wheel. There are ones for the back and ones for the front.
Are pads ordered online effective?
As long as they are a good brand and the right size, there should not be a problem. Online brake pads can be the best picks.
What if I can’t fit my brake pads?
You should find a garage that will help. However, they may not want to use parts that you have tried to fit before.
Are there many different types of brake pads?
There are normally 3 and include ceramic, organic, and semi-metallic pads.
Everyone will agree that brake pads require proper fitting. No one wants to think that there are cars on the road that have ineffective or defective brakes.
Thus, it is best to read reviews on previous purchases as they will give good information. Focus on the right size, a good brand, and back and/or front pads.
If you have all these, you should install them and have your car back on the road in a safe condition.
Finally, don’t worry about spending a lot of time searching for the best brake pads for Honda Accord. You will not be sorry in the end.